Mar 9, 2005

Preaching Friday Morning

Friday I am scheduled to preach at Emmanuel Ministries in Dade City, Florida. It is the ministry I often mention in my posts. I pastored there during the Spring of 2004. The director and our family are still good friends- probably better now than when we worked together. She is one of the most selfless and giving people I have ever met. I have seen many people take advantage of her kindness and her desire to serve the Lord. That's bad enough, but when it is a "pastor," I become livid.

Recently, there was a "pastor" there who was doing nothing but jumping jacks for Jesus and feeding the people spiritual cotton candy. I was there as he opened service one day and he said nothing of substance and nothing Biblical. He asked for my agreement and I did not answer several times. He even attempted to undermine the ministry in a takeover attempt of sorts.

Friday, I feel the Lord prompting me to preach on people listening to what they want to hear instead of God's true and holy Word. The Bible says, "Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage–with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths." (2 Timothy 4:2-4 NIV) Why people would play games with a holy God Who is the Sovereign King of all that exists, I have no clue. Especially someone who claims a calling to preach God's Word!

I used to be timid about what I preached, but I have set that aside. We have to be vigilant as we have a battle against many who have evil intentions: "For certain men whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are godless men, who change the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord." (Jude 1:4 NIV) Also: "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour." (1 Peter 5:8 KJV)

This crowd has the potential to be very angry when I preach Friday, so please pray about the ministry there. I will not back down, I have few wounds for Christ. When I read about what others have done and currently do, I have no intention of shrinking from this opportunity. I seek to be God's vessel, for His message. I pray that I will preach only what He desires. That way, if there is resistance, it will be for Him and truly toward Him, even if it is directed to me.

May God be glorified!

No comments: