Apr 9, 2010

Resurrection Sunday Sermon: "Christ is Risen"

It has been a while since I last posted to my blog. It has been a busy time for our family, but we have continued ministry with Emmanuel Ministries. Next month it will be one year since we began our current work here in Dade City.

I have continued on with the series in the book of Philippians, but I broke from it again to preach a message related to the Resurrection of Christ, really the whole of the salvation message. Below is a very simple outline. The introductory portion of the message was not recorded, so I add it here close to what I actually said.

  • Intro: Being a Christian is not about a cause. It's not about a movement or politics. It is not a fad. It is not about miracles or religion. It is not about me. It is not about you. It is about Jesus: the Savior who endured the cross and died brutally, rising again on the third day. We celebrate this today.

  • The Sign (Matthew 16.1-4)

  • The Cross (Hebrews 12.2)-also cited Matthew 20.28, Jesus died as a "ransom for many."

  • The Victory (Matthew 28.1-10)- also cited 1 Corinthians 15.55 "O death where is your victory?" and 1 Corinthians 15.57 (our victory comes through Christ).










Powered by Podbean.com

Click here to hear a streaming version of this message

No comments: