Mar 23, 2005

More About Emmanuel Ministries

Emmanuel Ministries in Dade City, FL ministers to many who are considered poor. They vary from migrant workers to low-income Americans. Emmanuel Ministries provides food and clothing as well as the Gospel message.

The director is Marcia. She was a nurse, but since God saved her and changed her life, she has forsaken the money and position as a nurse and has worked full-time (plus) in helping those less-fortunate by offering food: spiritual and nutritional.

I pastored there last year, and now I assist as needed. My wife helps there regularly now. It is a great opportunity to share the Gospel of Christ and make disciples (Matthew 28:18-20).

Recently, there was (again) trouble with someone who wanted to take over the ministry. I offered to stand by Marcia and assist her in Biblically defending the ministry from this wolf in sheep's clothing (Matthew 7.15 NIV: "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.") She accepted and was relieved because she often has no support at all (which is a crying shame). I could go into stories about her being used or taken for granted, but I will leave those issues alone for now.

I waited outside of the services to see if the main wolf- Pedro- would try to come back to undermine the ministry. He did not show up, though I was armed with Scripture- "Now I urge you, brethren, note those who cause divisions and offenses, contrary to the doctrine which you learned, and avoid them. For those who are such do not serve our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly, and by smooth words and flattering speech deceive the hearts of the simple." (Romans 16.17-18 NKJV) And, "Now when Peter had come to Antioch, I withstood him to his face, because he was to be blamed..." (Galatians 2.11 NKJV). These were two that I had studied and was prepared to begin with.

After the service I spoke to Marcia to see if she would like to officially partner with Faith Missions (FMI) so that we would be able to assist with more authority. She agreed. For Marcia, the partnership means support. She does not have to tithe to FMI, donate or cede any control over to us. We will just be there to stand by Emmanuel Ministries. If she ever has someone try to take over again, she can call on us to stand by her.

I am more than happy to support Emmanuel Ministries. We are seeking to move closer to Emmanuel. If we do we will help even more. My wife will probably continue to help there while my children and I will go to a local church and I will help during the week. But I qualify this by saying that I am open to God's will. If He seeks to change our plan I will not resist. Anything He wants!
There are many plans in a man's heart, nevertheless the LORD's counsel--that will stand. (Proverbs 19.21 NKJV)

No comments: