Oct 15, 2005

Just Give me Jesus

The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD,
And He delights in his way.
Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down;
For the LORD upholds him with His hand.

I have been young, and now am old;
Yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken,
Nor his descendants begging bread.
He is ever merciful, and lends;
And his descendants are blessed. -Psalm 37.23-26 NKJV


I have been realizing how faithful God is to His children (John 1.11-13). It's not something I did not know, but it has become more real over the past month and a half. It has been ultra-stressful with the sale of the house and financial pressures and changes of plans. Honestly, I have struggled over that past month as previous posts may imply.

With all that having been said, God has proven Himself over and over. He has no need to prove anything to me, He is the Sovereign and All-Powerful King of all existence. He chooses to prove Himself anyway- out of His love for me. That is the love that sent His Son to die on the cross to pay a penalty for sin (Romans 3.23; Romans 6.23) that I was in no way able to pay on my own. Through my own fault I deserve death, as I have broken the Commands of God over and over again. Through His grace and mercy I am received as His child through Jesus' sacrifice and His love.

I see how wonderful He is. Sometimes He reminds me of my sister, Diane. Somehow He uses this to encourage me. I remember times we had fellowshipping and even working to share the Gospel. I remember her pushing me to improve things about myself. I am a better person because He placed Diane in my life.

Other times, He uses people like my pastor, LaVaugh McNary, to encourage me with the respect he shows me and how he listens to what I have to say. I am blessed to be a member of Antioch Fellowship Baptist Church.

The ways and sources God uses to lift my despair are many. I am enamored with Him. Some might want to call Him a "crutch" or to call me a "right-wing fundamentalist," but I do not care. I have been assured that if I love and follow Christ the world will hate me. That is fine. Just give me Jesus.

No comments: