Apr 12, 2005

"Lord, I Believe!"

I was reading the Gospel of John again and I came upon the instance where Jesus healed the man born blind (John 9). The man, after being grilled by the Pharisees, asked them if they were asking the questions because they wanted to be Jesus' disciples also. After they kicked the man out, Jesus sought him out and the Bible records the following:
Jesus heard that they had thrown him out, so he found the man and said to him, “Do you believe in the Son of Man?” The man replied, “And who is he, sir, that I may believe in him?” Jesus told him, “You have seen him; he is the one speaking with you.” He said, “Lord, I believe,” and he worshiped him. (John 9.35-38 NETB)

After reading this, I felt so drawn to the Lord and prayed, thanking Him for His Word and His forgiveness.

Jesus accepted me the same way. I was born blind (spiritually) and He made me to see. Sometimes I struggle, but He is always there for me. He said, "“I will never leave you and I will never abandon you.” (Hebrews 13.5 NETB)

I cherish this promise, because I need Him every hour.

No comments: