Apr 16, 2005

An Encouraged son

One of my favorite verses in the Bible also gives me an amount of security when times get rough, it is John 1.12-13:
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. (KJV)

As I received Him (after I was drawn by the Father: " No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.- John 6.44 NKJV"), I became part of His family. Jesus is related to me by His own blood. The Father accepts me because of His work. I am unable to make myself acceptable, I am unable to keep myself acceptable. Jesus keeps me acceptable:
Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, to the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.(Jude 1.24-25 KJV)

I am so encouraged every time I realize I am related to Christ through His blood. Thank you Jesus!

No comments: