May 24, 2006

hcXcs: HardCore Christian Style (S.i.w.C.)

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "The just shall live by faith."Romans 1.16-17 NKJV)


In this day of so many in "Christian" music coming out with watered down lyrics, I felt it was time to revisit some of my former band's music. While I know that most of those who check out this weblog will not like the style of the music, my conviction is different. I hope we can agree to accept one another dispite disagreeing in this area. I would rather we focus on the lyrics.

Today I will highlight "Double Wedding." It is a song I came up with after praying, asking God to help me write a new song. It is from 1991 and it is in the hardcore style. Although this song is slightly more polished than the others, the message is as direct as any of them. I think you will see that these songs are very up front about whom we serve. Lyrics below:
Boy meets boy and girl meets girl
It's a double wedding in a changing world
Mom and dad just don't understand
"Why has Bobby gone and married another man?"
It's so nice, and not so strange
Just a little nature has been rearranged
Flowers in his hair and his cute little dress
Bobby likes him most when his hair's a little messed...


The honeymoon's a nice one- they get the bridal suite
Breakfast in bed and a little sodomy...


(Hard part)
Can't you see what you're doing
And that it's a sin?!
God created Adam and Eve
Not Adam and Glen!
Choose JESUS as your Savior
Turn from sodomy
Be a new creation
Let JESUS set you free...


Don't be gay.


This is the song that receives the most praise and the most condemnation. The beginning it tongue and cheek, the "hard part" it direct in confronting this particular sin. Now the "hard part" seems a little soft in "Let Jesus set you free" instead of a more direct "Only Jesus can set you free," but I think the point is still made clearly.

This song is in line with Leviticus 18.22, Romans 1.24-28, 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 and other Scriptures that warn homosexuality is a sin. Please give it a brief listen at the Sheep in wolf's Clothes mypsace page.

You can read the blog there too and comment if you have an account. Or comment here.

No comments: