Today there was no one to interpret or to preach in Spanish. My wife, Loiana, has been sick this week, so I had to proceed on my own. Well, that is not entirely true. God was with me.
Anyway, I prepared a simple outline in Spanish and English in the event there was, indeed, no one to interpret. When all was said and done, I did need to minister to the Spanish and English speaking groups together sans interpretation.
While most of the Spanish speaking people in attendance were able to understand some English, there were a couple who did not. I explained that I would preach directly from my notes for Spanish, any elaboration would be in English, as I could not elaborate in Spanish.
The message outline is below and the Sermon is available streaming under the outline and as a download under that. It was the shortest message I have ever preached and the shortest service I have ever been a part of. Yes, my guitar string broke again as I was practicing in the morning. Ah well. It's all about flexibility.
JESUS: The Only Way/JESÚS: Lo Uníco Camino
“And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” (Acts 4.12 ESV)
“Y en ningún otro hay salvación, porque no hay otro nombre bajo el cielo, dado a los hombres, en que podamos ser salvos.” (Hechos 4.12 RVR 1995)
· There is only one Way to God: Jesus. Salvation is only in Him. We can only become Christians by confessing the name of Jesus. No other name will work.
· Sólo hay una manera de llegar a Dios: Jesús. Sólo se puede encontrar la salvación en Él. Sólo podemos ser cristianos por confesar el nombre de Jesús. Ningún otro nombre es suficiente.
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14.6 ESV)
Jesús le dijo:
--Yo soy el camino, la verdad y la vida; nadie viene al Padre sino por mí. (Juan 14.6 RVR1995)
· All roads do not lead to God. Mohammed and Buddha did not lead to God. They lead to hell. Our hearts lead to hell. “The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?” (Jeremiah 17.9 ESV)
· Todos los caminos no conducen a Dios. Mahoma y Buda no conducen a Dios. Conducen al infierno. Nuestros corazones nos llevan al infierno. “Engañoso es el corazón más que todas las cosas, y perverso; ¿quién lo conocerá?” (Jeremías 17:9 RVR1995)
“…if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved… 13For "everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10.9-10, 13 ESV)
Si confiesas con tu boca que Jesús es el Señor y crees en tu corazón que Dios lo levantó de entre los muertos, serás salvo, 10 porque con el corazón se cree para justicia, pero con la boca se confiesa para salvación. 13 ya que todo aquel que invoque el nombre del Señor, será salvo. (Romanos 10.9-10, 13 RVR1995
· We can be saved by coming to God through Jesus, repenting of our sin and trusting in Him for salvation.
· Podemos ser salvado por llegar a Dios a través de Jesús. Si nos arrepentimos: pedir perdón por nuestros pecados y confiar en Él para la salvación.
DOWNLOAD MESSAGE BY CLICKING HERE