Jun 11, 2005

By Grace

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. (Ephesians 2.8-9 KJV)
I was talking to my coworker about my faith in Christ, and she said a Lutheran pastor told her that he saw the difference between Catholicism (Romanism) and Lutheranism as works verses grace. I clarified what he meant for her, because how she explained it sounded more like universalism. I then spoke to her about salvation being found in none other than Jesus.
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. (Acts 4.12 KJV)

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14.6 KJV)

I will have about seven more hours to share my faith in Christ with her. My prayer is that she will be able to apply John 1.12 to her life:
But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name (NKJV)
May God release this dear lady from the bonds of Romanism and into the freedom that comes from slavery to Christ my Master.

No comments: