Sep 24, 2005

A Friend's Choice...

My dear friend Sarah has been struggling with an issue recently. We spoke and I pointed out what Scripture says. It would prove to be a difficult thing for her to conform to God's Word.
I will love You, O LORD, my strength.
The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
My God, my strength, in whom I will trust;
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised;
So shall I be saved from my enemies. (Psalm 18.1-3 NKJV)

We discussed Scripture about the situation and she told me she would pray about it.
Well, today we spoke and before I could offer more than, "hey," she told me that she was fixing the problem and that she knew she was going to line up with God's Word on the subject. She even quoted me several Scriptures to demonstrate why my advice was good counsel. She devotes herself to prayer and Bible study. It is evident in her language and outlook. I was encouraged by her choice and told her so.

I called back about two hours later and found that she did take care of the situation. She was true to her word. Better yet, she was true to God's Word. Before we hung up she gave me a Scripture, one that encourages her:
Delight yourself in the LORD
and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the LORD;
trust in him and he will do this:
He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn,
the justice of your cause like the noonday sun. (Psalm 37.4-6 NIV)

Praise God for people who shun the world and what is easy to pursue God!

No comments: