May 11, 2006

Brazil Mission: Recife/Manaus 2006

Jesus was going through all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every kind of disease and every kind of sickness. Seeing the people, He felt compassion for them, because they were distressed and dispirited like sheep without a shepherd. Then He said to His disciples, " The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. "Therefore beseech the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into His harvest." (Matthew 9.35-38 NASB)




The details of my mission trip to Recife and Manaus in June can be found at: the Antioch FBC Brazilian Missions Update pages.

Right now there are a few urgent requests for the mission: 1. that Pastor McNary (my ministry partner for this trip) will be able to get the ticket, passport and visa before he is scheduled to leave. I do not think I am ready to do this alone- especially keeping in mind that we are scheduled in different places certain times. 2. that the ministry would be effective: at the main place of ministry- Primeira Igreja Batista do Recife, or First Baptist Church of Recife in English we are limited to the Conference Theme "Triumphant in Christ Through Prayer." I am not one who excels with themes. I do, however, want to be faithful to the invitation and the calling God has placed on my life. 3. My family: they will be in Florida and my wife will begin her new job June 4th, two days before I leave for Brasil.

Also a major praise report: A Brazilian lady in Clearwater, FL (about 1 hour south of us) donated her old car to us for free. I am estimating that it will cost around $400-$500 to get it in good running condition again, but all it should need is a tune-up, battery, oil change (with lube and filter of course), tires and a thorough cleaning (shampooing the interior and a nice car wash). It is a 1994 Grand Prix SE I believe with some denting on the driver side. It's not spectacular, but I am excited about driving it around. I appreciate the gift of God given through this precious lady (who is also a believer).

If you have any questions or personal comments, please email me. Thanks.

No comments: