Aug 3, 2008

Does it matter if I believe it?


The Bible says:
And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” (Acts 4.12 ESV)

Unfortunately it is considered intolerant in modern society to say that the only way to salvation is found in Jesus. However, it is extremely important not to waver when it comes to Biblical truth.

If there are five doors, four of which lead to rooms filled with ferocious tigers that are hungry and only one of which leads to safety, would I be intolerant to say that was the only way to safety? No, of course not. But on a level that concerns spiritual life and death, we are supposed to keep the door to salvation to ourselves. After all, the Scripture is clear: “Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'” (John 14.6 ESV)


I often hear people complain that the Bible has contradictions, but I have yet to find one that is legitimate beyond a logical apologetic explanation. And when I boil it all down, I believe in Jesus and place my full trust in Him. That solves it all for me.

I used to have a bumper sticker that said,
"God said it, I believe it, that settles it." However, I now know that the truth is: "God said it, that settles it." My belief has no impact on the truth. The same can be said for those who want to mush all "religions" together and who become heated when we say "Jesus is the only way to salvation." I am convinced that whether we believe the truth or not, it is still the truth.

So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed in him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.'” (John 8.31-32 ESV)

No comments: