Apr 27, 2010

Emmanuel Ministries Thoughts (4.27.2010)

Sunday we were back at Emmanuel Ministries to minister. Both the small group of Spanish-speaking people and the English-speaking group stayed together as Márcia and her son cooked some food to follow the service.

We picked up in Philippians 1.27-30:

Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving side by side for the faith of the gospel, and not frightened in anything by your opponents. This is a clear sign to them of their destruction, but of your salvation, and that from God. For it has been granted to you that for the sake of Christ you should not only believe in him but also suffer for his sake, engaged in the same conflict that you saw I had and now hear that I still have.

Our main focus was in verse 27: Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ. I spoke about keeping our life in line with Christ even when things go wrong and we are persecuted or suffer. Afterward, I had the opportunity to minister to several people about how the message affected them. It was a true blessing.

Finally, on Sunday I read one of Jonathan Edwards' famous 70 Resolutions. I decided I would begin to apply it to my life. He wrote, "Resolved, to ask myself at the end of every day, week, month and year, wherein I could possibly in any respect have done better." May the Lord my God assist me in fulfilling this resolution. Resolutions are not just for New Years Day.

No comments: