Jan 9, 2018

in light of eternity

Sometimes I struggle with regret and long for unfulfilled dreams. As the years creep by I find I have missed out on so much. Somethings lost to time were due to my own choices. Other things just never worked out.

However, with all my loses and failures there have been gains and successes. Though even without anything to show for my life tangibly it would still be okay if I have my heart set on the joy to come.

Valuing my current life too much comes from focusing my hopes and dreams on my current situation. I need to focus on now, but in light of eternity.

Jesus is my perfect example. He lived life to the full- even well enough to be of great enough value as to purchase my salvation through His own sacrifice. He did this with His focus on the present situations He faces in light of the glory of eternity:

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God." -Hebrews 12.1‭-‬2 (ESV)

No comments: