Jan 21, 2009

Tuesday Morning Notes 1.20.2009


Yesterday Boyd and I braved the bitter cold (it reached a high of 50F) to evangelize in Brooksville. Unlike my dear brother Rand in Canada, we did not let a little cold weather stop our work. Actually, since Rand faced temperatures that were below zero, I guess he had better reason to stay inside. Truly, for us 50F is cold, especially when you factor in the wind chilling us further, but it was nothing brutal. I admire Rand and his pastor for their work in Canada.

For us, we had the opportunity to speak with a few Christians, two of whom were very supportive and who agreed to pray for our Tuesday evangelism. We met one girl who did not really want to talk and another who had that smile that tells you they are involved in a cult and somewhat brainwashed. She told us that she knew she was going to heaven because she was "a member of the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints." She declined to receive the true Gospel.

We did a lot of walking and knocking on doors, but had only a handful of opportunities to talk to any lost people about Jesus. It meant we were able to cover more houses, but many were empty. That is probably to be expected on a Tuesday morning, the only clear opportunity for me to go consistently, but those who are home on Tuesday mornings deserve our effort to share the Gospel with them. I believe the inauguration of Mr. Obama took away from the number who were at home as well. It seemed to be a holiday-type of event for many.

Anyway, that is all we have for today. Nothing major occurred, but we sought to be faithful to our commitment to share our Lord's wonderful, saving Gospel.
Let the prophet who has a dream tell the dream, but let him who has my word speak my word faithfully. What has straw in common with wheat? declares the LORD. 29 Is not my word like fire, declares the LORD, and like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces? (Jeremiah 23.28-29 ESV)


Finally, I would like to congratulate Rand and his wife Twinlkemoose on their expectation of a new little Canadian servant of Christ! I do not know how far along TM is, but I am excited for them. Having met them a couple of years ago, I love them as if they were my own family (besides being my family in Christ)!

1 comment:

Rand said...

LOL!!!

50F!!!!

Break out the swimming gear!!!

;-p