Jan 6, 2012

Is God Okay with Being Gay?

This post is in response to a poorly conceived article from Fox News:
 
My Lesbian Daughter, the Bible and Sex
My world was rocked to its core the night my 37-year old daughter called to tell me she is gay. In my beating on Heaven's door, telling God He had to change her, He instead changed me.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/01/06/my-lesbian-daughter-bible-and-sex/#ixzz1ijzqENdp
 
Ms. Johnson makes the mistake of creating a god in her own image.  The Bible did not allow for her daughter's homosexuality so she embraced a philosophy that created a god that is anti-Biblical, a god that condones sin.  God calls for the homosexual to repent.  He calls the promiscuous to repent.  He calls the idolator to repent.  Ms. Johnson is an idolator for creating a worthless god in her own image- one who will accept the Biblically unacceptable: blatant sin.
 
Here is a telling quote from this article:
When I asked a wise friend how she reconciled the scriptures with her daughter's homosexuality, she said, "I can't. So I just let God sort it out." I took her advice and I learned things about God I would never have known if I were still telling Him what His scriptures mean.
 
I hate to tell Ms. Johnson, but her friend was not wise in the eyes of God and neither is she.  The Bible speaks of those who are considered to have this type of wisdom:
Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you thinks that he is wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise. 19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God. For it is written, "He catches the wise in their craftiness," 20 and again, "The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are futile." (1 Corinthians 3.18-20 ESV)
 
and it shows her folly in this way:
For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools, 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things. (Romans 1.21-23 ESV)
 
My prayer is that Ms. Johnson repents of her blatant disregard for God's word and His will.  Her twisting of Scripture and straw-man arguments is a reflection of her sinful idolatry.  My prayer for her daughter is that she repents of her sin and turns to God on His terms.  There is no other way to God except on His terms anyway. (Here is a good, simple explanation of God's terms for salvation: The Way- courtesy of Antioch Fellowship Baptist Church, Spring Hill, FL)
 
For better reading, please see Mark Driscoll's Fox News article:
 
What the Bible Really Says About Sex
The Bible has a lot to say about sex—including that it's good and that it glorifies God when we enjoy sex in the context for which He created it.


Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/01/03/what-bible-really-says-about-sex/?intcmp=obinsite#ixzz1ik2sDPcW

No comments: